Wednesday, February 18, 2009

IT'S A.......

GIRL!!!!!


Oh how excited are we!!! I had my doctors appt. on Monday and we did the ultrasound first. Ian made sure to tell the ultrasound tech right away that we would like for her to write down what gender our little baby is- we wanted to do it with Eli there too. I was so incredibly anxious for this ultrasound. So many things can happen to this precious life you are given that are out of your control. It's really been a big prayer issue for me this time around. Our Tech. could sense my anxiousness so she really took her time going over things for me and she kept saying "Perfect, this baby is perfect!" Music to my ears!
We also had a deja vu moment during this ultrasound, too! As soon as the wand went on my belly the tech said to us "oh my goodness, this baby is SO scrunched!" You could see both of her feet on top of her head! She was afraid she wouldn't be able to tell the sex because of the baby's position (we had that problem with Eli!)- but with a lot of poking and prodding, she was able to get our little girl to move for us! That has been another thing that is different about this pregnancy! Eli was SUCH a mover! I remember days where I would be so worn out because of all of his activity- not this girl. She prefers to move at night right when I lay down as if to say, "Good night Mom and Dad, time for my beauty sleep!" Such a princess already! We do enjoy feeling her movements! Ian was able to feel her for the first time at 17 weeks- she gave him some pretty big kicks!

Anyway, we are SO THRILLED to be blessed with another precious life. We are equally as thrilled that we are having a girl- Ian is in for such a treat!!! I praise God daily for blessing me with this wonderful life. Things may be crazy right now, but I have the love of a great, God-fearing husband who is the most wonderful father, a precious little boy who lights up the room with his big beautiful smile, and this new baby girl inside me. I know God has wonderful plans in store for this family of ours- Thank you Jesus, Thank you! Love to you all, thank you for all of your prayers- We love you so much!

Ian, Leah, Elijah and Little Girl!

0 comments: